Thursday, March 21, 2013

Project Life: Week 11

Hi Everybody! Hope you are all having a wonderful week! I sure am :) Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday with the people I love most. It was a fabulous day! Nothing special or extravagant. Just a lovely, peaceful, quiet day at home with my family. I had a homecooked steak dinner, received a Birthday bouquet of my favorite flowers (Lilies), and enjoyed my favorite shows on the flat screen. I even managed to print up all of the pics I needed to finish Week 11 of Project Life.

Close-Up: Twilight Saga DVD Marathon. In honor of the release of BD2. 

But best of all... I was told by the Hubby, that today I can make a reservation for a (much needed & deserved, and slightly overdue) weekend family getaway. A certain place has been on my bucket list for a few years now...especially since we moved out here on this side of the water (making it only about a 3 hour drive from our house). We're so happy to finally take our first trip to La Push and Forks, WA! We'll be staying at an oceanfront resort on the Quileute Reservation in La Push. It's not a fancy "resort" though. Exact opposite actually. They provide no televisions or telephones in the units. You won't get cellular reception either. The only WiFi you'll find is at the resort office from 8am-8pm. Really, all you have to entertain yourself is mother nature. It's the rustic getaway we've been waiting for. The chance to get back to nature, to explore parts of Pacific NW we've never been, to make new family memories, and the opportunity to finally experience "Twilight Country." It's going to be amazing! And I'll be sharing this journey with you... planning, itinerary, packing (including my SMASH* bag), the days leading up to the trip, and everything in between. Stay tuned for Road Trip 2013: Forks, WA...

Sorry for the rambling...can you tell I'm super excited! We haven't gotten out of town for years... Now onto Project Life!

Life Documented
March 10 - 16
Project Life: Week 11

Lots of journaling this week. Starting with a lazy Sunday watching the complete Twilight Saga on DVD! The rest of the days I talked about food. Not sure why, it just worked out that way this week ;) We do love to eat! We had  a couple of our favorite foods: Filipino Adobo and NY Steaks. All the meat we purchase is 100% natural and local. So it made sense to write about the trip we took to our favorite local natural food market to pick up those key ingredients. 

Project Life: Week 11 - Left Page

The majority of this page uses free printables I've found on Pinterest. (See something you like? Check out my SMASH* & PL and/or Printables/Templates boards. Be sure to follow me...I find new stuff daily!) Most of the journal cards are from Miss Tiina's collections. I also used a couple of We R Memory Keepers journal cards and a card I cut on my Cameo. I added some fun square photos, a Twilight printable, and a piece of Twilight ephemera from a friend who also lives in Washington and visits Forks every year. (She found some cool handmade Twilight stamps there, including the vampire fangs you see!)

Project Life: Week 11 - Right Page

This page is all about food. We took a trip to our favorite local natural health food store. It's an amazing place! Kiani just loves it there. We even had lunch at the food court! I included photos of Central Market, a close-up of the fabulous NY steaks we purchased for dinner one night, as well as our stocked-up freezer (full of natural chicken, pork, and beef). Since we've made the switch to organic meats, we noticed immediately the huge difference in taste, and how well it cooks. Incredible! Organic and natural is definitely worth the price...

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? What do you like most about it? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover