Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Project Life: Week 14


This was my favorite week to document so far this year! Totally epic for anyone who loves Twilight! I'm so happy that the Hubby is a fellow TwiLover and enjoyed every single moment too, although I'm definitely more of the "fanatic". I had such a blast documenting our first family trip of the year,which was also our first road trip ever to La Push, WA. Home of Jacob and his fellow Quileute tribe. It was such a special adventure full of so many memories.....

Life Documented
March 31 - April 6

Week 14 - Full Spread

I was so excited to finally work on these! I kept last week extra simple specifically so I could spend more time planning and embellishing these pages. You can see there are lots of photos... from instagram pics to horizontal and vertical shots taken with my digital point and shoot. I love mixing them up! For journaling, I used a variety of WRMK 4x6 and 6x6 journal cards, some fun printables, and a Cameo cut. Embellishing was even more fun! A wood veneer, lots of tiny alphas, new thickers, cool Cameo cuts, and other tiny little details fill this spread.

Week 14 - Full Spread with Insert

I knew a two page spread wasn't going to be enough room to hold all of the memories from our vacation. These are only from DAY ONE of our road trip! (Week 15 is going to be fun putting together too because it's about the rest of our trip :) So, I decided that I needed a small insert. Big problem.... I didn't have one! I made use of what I did have, which were some old school photo albums. One of them looked particularly useful. It was a tall 6x12 album with pages of sleeves for three 4x6 photos. Although the pages were flimsy plastic (with paper inserts), I had to make it work! So, I cut off one of the 4x6 sections, so it is now a small 6x8 (double-sided) insert with two 4x6 sleeves. I trimmed off part of the paper inserts (so the white wouldn't show), added some reinforcements to the holes, and finished it off with a tab labeled "Memories". I didn't know whether those old photo pages protected photos, so I chose not to put pics in them. But use them instead to hold our paper ephemera from the trip. Maps, postcards, receipts, a pretty paper bag, tickets, passes, etc. Hey, it works for me!

Week 14 - Left Page

I'm using a We R Memory Keepers photo page designed specially for their 6x6 journal cards. These layouts are so much fun to use! I love using the 6x6 cards as my Title cards. I find that you don't always have to use the journal cards for writing. One of the other ways I use them is much like SMASH*ing, since all of the pages of SMASH* books are pre-designed, just like these journal cards. The size really gives you room to play around with your different elements. I even managed to fit an instagram pic and wallet photo on a 6x6 (with journaling)! I took lots of vertical shots during vacation and picked out two of them to showcase our "First Stop" in Port Angeles. You'll find lots of tiny alphas, some new thickers, an awesome "car" Cameo cut, fun stamps, and some extra little embellishments.

Week 14 - Right Page

Here I'm using a Becky Higgins Design A photo page. The vertical 3x4s are perfect for the little tidbits of info I wanted to document. I filled those slots with a calendar card, a Cameo cut with a square photo and some journaling, a (double-sided) pocket full of tags and receipts, and lastly my favorite card... a watercolor map (cut to size) of our final destination. I added a wood veneer geotag, a strip of washi tape, and tiny alphas to complete that card. I love how it came out! I filled the horizontal 4x6 slots with more cards and photos, one has an awesome layered Cameo cut. I embellished the WRMK journal cards a bit using more alphabet stickers, and finished off some of the cards with other cool details.

>> Find your watercolor map at maps.stamen.com. <<

Week 14 - Close Up of "Destination Cards"

Some time ago, I received some cute double-sided patterned pockets in a happy mail package from a friend. I've been wanting to use them in my SMASH* book for a while, but thought it would be such a waste for that "other side" to be covered up with glue. I decided to save them... and I'm glad I did, because they work perfectly in a 3x4 slot! The pocket can be seen on both sides of the page and hold all of my little paper goodies from our vacation. A few tiny alpha stickers in a sweet little sentiment finish the pocket. I love it!

Week 14 - A Pocket for Goodies

Well that's about it for Week 14. It was so much fun to put together! My daughter just loves flipping through my book and laughing or smiling at all of our memories. I'm excited to get started on Week 15 to finish off the remainder of our vacation! Can't wait to share it with you when I'm done... 

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? Have you found any fun elements to add to your pages? What do you think of the ones I've added in this spread? Any thoughts, questions, or comments? Feel free to drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover