Thursday, April 18, 2013

Smashbook: Our Love Song


Over time, I'm slowly going to showcase some of the spreads I've done in my SMASH* books here on my blog. So far, I've only been able to share my "100 Things I Love" spread, which as of today, is one of my most popular posts. I think the reason so many people like it, and refer to it often, is because I included a list [I made] to help anyone get started on creating their own list of "100 Things You Love." Be sure to check it out... it may be something you want to include in your book.

Today, I'm sharing another special spread in my Pretty Pink book.  If you know me and have seen the pages of this book, you know that I love smashing about "Love." It's one of my favorite subjects! Going 14 years into a relationship with my best friend has given me lots of inspiration for Smash* pages. I thought it was very fitting to include a page in this book with one of our favorite love songs. Believe me, it was hard to choose one song from a list we've developed over a decade of being together!

"Our Song: Forever" -- Smash*ed Nov. 13, 2012

The thing I love about pages like this is that these particular spreads are so versatile that you can include them in all of your books. I can choose a totally different song, embellish it a completely different way, and create it on brand new pages of each of my different Smash* books! Since every Smash* book is different and special in its own way, you never feel like your spreads look exactly the same in each book... unless you plan it out that way ;)

Since I love penmanship and handwriting, I'm never afraid to write on the pages of my books. It's one of my favorite things to do! To make sure that element will look its best, I choose a spread of pages that are lined in some way. The one I used here is a grid spread, perfect for writing. It also had a touch of pink from the flower on the left page, and a cute calendar on the bottom right. It was a wonderful jumping off point to get creative... 


....This set of pages screamed "love." So, I tapped into my love for the color pink with all of my alphabet stickers, the glitter gel pen used to write the lyrics of my song, and the tags and pockets I made to embellish the rest of this spread. It only made sense to use these pages to document "Our Love Song." 

You can easily customize a spread like this for your book. All you need is a song (with lyrics), "lined" pages in your Smash* book, a pen, pencil, and eraser, and some embellishments. I went ahead and added a pocket to hold a journal card that talks about the song and what it means to me. I thought it was great addition and filled up that large blank spot well. Paper scraps were used to create the pocket and banner. The spread wouldn't be complete without a photo.....

*TIP: When doing any type of writing in your books, write first (lightly) in pencil. Then go over your writing with your choice of pen, and thoroughly erase all of the pencil marks. It may be a time-consuming process, but it's much better than ruining the pages of your book because you spelled something wrong or needed more space for your entry!

You can find more pages of my Smashbooks in the tab labeled "Smashbook" at the top of my blog. I also have pics of some of my pages on my "My Books: SMASH* & PL" pinboard on Pinterest. If you are looking for even more inspiration, be sure to check out my "SMASH* & PL" board on Pinterest too! It's full of hundreds of ideas and inspiration, DIYs, and printables for everything Project Life, SMASH*, Daybooks, and art journals!

Wanna stay updated on my recent posts and projects? Be sure to "like" my new fan page on Facebook!

Do you SMASH*? Are you feeling inspired to create a spread like this in your book? Blogging about it? Link me up! I would love to see it :) Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Feel free to drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great page I love all pages pink but this is fabulous! I've shared some of my smash pages on my blog too if you're interested.
    Kaitlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kait :) Pink is my absolute favorite color! Slightly obsessed ;-) I'm going to take a peek at your pages as soon as I'm done here. Can't wait to see them!

      Thanks for stopping by (:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover