Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Project Life: Week 19


Hello! I hope life has been good to everyone since I've been away from my blog the last week or so. In case you were wondering what I've been up to lately, every so often I like to step away from the internet and things technology related. And to be honest, I think everyone should give it a try at least once...or better yet, on a regular basis. This day and age it seems like our techno gadgets are extra appendages. And any chance I get to take a break from the craziness of this high tech world, I jump on it. You wouldn't believe how rejuvenating and worthwhile it is to "unplug." No internet, TV, or cell phones. It's time that I use to discover a new hobby, do fun things I haven't done for a while, get back to my roots, and most importantly spend real quality-time with my loved ones.

So now you know something new about me :) But I shouldn't have to tell you that I love to use some of that "unplugged" time to work in my books too. My recent time away gave me a chance to play catch-up in my Project Life Album. Instead of rushing through the last couple of weeks just to get them done, I've been able to really focus on them and fully enjoy designing the specific layouts.

And now I'm so excited to finally share them here with you...

                                  WEEK 19
Life Documented
May 5 - May 11

Week 19: Full Spread

I don't know about you, but I am so in love with neon! It's cheerful and fun and represents all that I love about the upcoming months. And although it isn't always warm here in the springtime in the Pacific NW, the bright and sunny colors on these pages puts a smile on my face. From the cards themselves, to the embellishments that adorn them, I used neon everywhere. Paired with the various colorful photos from this week, it's a perfect fit for documenting everyday life!

Week 19: Left Page

The layout for the left side came from a generic set of photo pages I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I was getting used to using Design A {with the horizontal 4x6s and vertical 3x4s}. But I'm liking the variety this specific photo page provides for my album. Plus I get to use more of my journal card collection! All of the vertical 4x6 cards you see here, came from my We R Memory Keepers double-sided journal card pads. To them, I added a few instagram pics, handwritten quotes, journaling, washi tape, cut-outs, a spritz of homemade alcohol ink, twine, Cameo cuts, an assortment of alphabet stickers and thickers, and other sweet little details.

[Click here for my Alcohol Ink DIY]
.
Week 19: Left Page - Close Up

For the smaller 4x3 slots I used a mix of fun cards. The orange "enjoy" card came from a lovely set of "Inspiration" cards by Melody Ross. The May calendar card is from a set of free printables you can find on my "SMASH* & PL" pinboard on Pinterest. On another card, I added an instagram pic, a cutout label, and some tiny alphabet and number stickers. My favorite card is the actual mail pick-up slip (cut-to-size) left by the postman which I used to claim my happy mail package :)

Week 19: Right Page

This right side is a from a We R Memory Keepers photo page set. I chose this specific page because I knew I needed the slim 2" slot (far left) for one of next week's photos. Here, I used a double-sided strip of bright and colorful neon scrapbook paper and some polka dot alphabet stickers. For the horizontal 4x6 slots I added two full-size snapshots of my newly redesigned blog, which I also documented on a free printable journal card with a Kraft cardstock mat. The vertical 4x6 quote card and numbered journal card is by WRMK. As for embellishments, I kept it simple and let the photos and cards speak for themselves.

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? What's your favorite element to use in your books? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Feel free to drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover