Saturday, June 1, 2013

Project Life: Week 20


Happy Saturday! I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Can you believe that half of the year is already gone?! This is my very first year doing Project Life and I am so proud of myself for sticking with it and not giving up when I fall behind. Flipping through my book and seeing all of our wonderful memories so far is a such a great feeling. I'm definitely going to keep it up. Looking at my album at the end of the year is going to be awesome! 

I'm pretty much caught up with PL for the most part, so today I'm happy to share my next completed layout here with you now... 

WEEK 20
Life Documented
May 12 - May 18

Week 20: Full Spread

This week was incredibly fun to document! We celebrated Mother's Day together, and I took lots of instagram photos capturing our everyday life. I've learned over the years that it's all about the little things, and I loved being able to showcase that in this spread. Like last week, I continued my obsession with neons through embellishments and more bright and cheery journal cards.  I mixed it up a bit this week with a few free printables (one of them I actually created myself), as well as some handmade cards.  Colorful washi tape, cute Cameo cuts, and my favorite alphabet and number stickers adorn these pages.

Week 20: Left Page

This layout is the back of the We R Memory Keepers photo page from Week 19, that I specifically chose to hold the photobooth pic we took this week. It's all about the big journal cards here, both horizontal and vertical 4x6s. The "notebook paper" title card is the backside of a double-sided card from last week by WRMK. I used a #20 from a set of cutouts that came in my Colorbok "Hopscotch" collection paper pad. Some printable cut-outs and cute washi tape hold our fun photo strip in that 2" slot. A perfect fit!

Week 20: Right Page - Close Up

I found an amazing "Motherhood" quote a while back that I'm so happy to finally use here. It couldn't be more perfect! The pink journal card is a free printable that I used to document my Mother's Day. To hold my instapics from that day, I made a 6x4 Kraft card that I cut on my Cameo. I chose a strip of neon orange paper tape that I cut on one end to make a banner, and embellished it with some Glitz "Teeny Alphas" and GCD "Glitter Candy Dots."

I made the last 4x6 card using a snippet of my recent activity on Netflix and printed it to size. I really like adding these types of cards, let them be Netflix snippets, or weather app screenshots; because it's documenting real life during a specific moment in time. So very cool! 

Week 20: Right Page

I went with a Becky Higgins Design A photo page for this side. And I do have to say, that this page has to be my favorite so far. I love everything about it! It's totally me. The 4x6 "Be Happy" journal card is a printable that I designed for my "Neon Love" collection. It works fabulously with all of the free neon journal and filler cards I've downloaded over the last couple of months. The 4x6 "Family Playlist" card is another free printable I found. I thought it was perfect to use for Mother's Day week.

[7/5/13: You can now find my "Happy Cards" freebie here.]

The other two 4x6 cards were made using Amy Tangerine's 6x6 "Sketchbook" paper pad. Just a simple 2" cut off the top or bottom creates the perfect backdrop for pretty personalized cards to hold your precious instagram pics. I added some sweet little Cameo cuts like the pink potty girl and heart speech bubble, along with some washi tape, bling, tiny alphabet stickers, and Dymo labels to finish off those cards.

Week 20: Right Page - Close Up

I had such a great time picking out the 3x4 cards for this layout. I chose a hot pink "This Life Is.." filler card that I got from the "Jump for Joy" Facebook hop. It's my fave! The next card is Kraft cardstock that I cut with my Cameo. It holds a cute instapic of my daughter and is embellished with a strip of October Afternoon Midway washi and more tiny alphabet stickers. The green "Notes" card is from Colorbok's "Hopscotch" Collection. The last 3x4 card is another free printable from the "Jump for Joy" collection that I added a wallet-size photo to of a recent shopping haul. My Dear Lizzy roller date stamp and WRMK acrylic date stamp was used to finish off this page.

I just love the way this spread turned out! It truly represents everything I love about my life.... and it really is the little things that matter most to me. Seeing this page makes me heart smile. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I loved creating the pages that fill it. Until next time...

You can find all of the free printables I talked about in this post on my "SMASH* & PL" pinboard on Pinterest. Aside from printables, it's also full of links to DIYs, ideas, and inspiration for everything SMASH* and Project Life. I also have all of the pages of my PL album here on my blog. Feel free to take a peek!

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? What do you like most about it? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Mahalo for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful bright colours!!! Keeps it fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout! Love all the color you used. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janay! Thank you for stopping by to check out my blog. I appreciate it! I had tons of fun doing this spread. It makes me smile :) Thanks again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover