Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Project Life: Week 21


Aloha! I hope you're enjoying your week so far. As for me, I'm trying to play catch up in my Project Life album. Life has been a bit crazy, plus I ran out of ink and couldn't print any of my photos! Thankfully, I restocked my supplies and now I'm back to documenting everyday life. Today I'm happy to finally share the most recent spread I created in my book....

WEEK 21
Life Documented
May 19 - May 25

Week 21: Full Spread

It really was a wonderful week here in the Pacific NW, full of so much love. I felt the Aloha spirit everywhere. The variety of photos captured show this love through the beautiful spring flowers, our stuffed mailbox, and even a visit from our beloved family. And I decided to mix it up a bit with the elements that adorn these pages. I got to use some new supplies, as well as try a new technique that I absolutely adore!

Week 21: Left Page

This layout is the back side of a Becky Higgins Design A photo page from Week 20. I filled it with a fun mix of 6x4 cards. The red title card is from Becky Higgins "Mayfield" Edition, which I got for free with a $50 gift card that I received when I cashed in the Swagbucks I earned. (I'm not paying a penny for Project Life supplies this year!) For the next slot, I used a 4x4 instagram pic and a 2x4 We R Memory Keepers journal card to document the "Just Because" flowers my boo gave me. I also chose a WRMK 6x4 journal card with a "Mail" theme to showcase the Happy Mail I got from a girlfriend. I even used one of the tags she gave me as a journaling spot. The last of the large cards is a beautiful postcard from Hawaii that I got from another friend. It was actually the color inspiration for my spread this week.

Week 21: Left Page - Close Up

The smaller 3x4 slots are filled with a few free printables and the backside of a journal card from last week. I chose a filler and journal card that complements my color theme, as well as a "Currently" card printed on Kraft cardstock, which I wrote on with a white gel pen. For the reverse side of the card from last week, I added a wallet-size photo and a small journal tag to document my shopping haul.

Week 21: Right Page

This page by WRMK has a large 12x6 section on top, with 3 vertical 4x6 slots on the bottom. I decided to break up the large section by using a sheet from Amy Tangerine's 6x6 "Sketchbook" paper pad. This blue frame design works great with the photo and has just enough room for some thickers.

I filled the vertical 4x6 slots with some sweet snapshots from the day. For some reason, my printer didn't print full sized photos on the 4x6 photo paper I used. So I added some labels from my Dymo directly to the small white sections below each picture. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly...

Week 21: Right Page - Close Up

For the other half of that large 12x6 section, I used a 6x6 journal card by WRMK. The house is a Cameo cut which I backed with a complementing scrap of paper. I added some Scrabble letters from a set of free printables I found a while back. I used my white gel pen again to document the details.

As far as embellishments go for this spread, I kept it pretty simple. I choose a fun mix of alphabet stickers and thickers, pretty twine, an acrylic date stamp, a Dear Lizzy roller date stamp, and Amy Tangerine's new rotary phrase stamp. I also got to play with a new technique for the finishing touch....

Week 21: Title Card with Hand Stitched Detail

Along with Becky's PL "Mayfield" Mini Kit and Amy T's Rotary Phrase Stamp (that I scored for free from amazon.com), I also picked up Amy Tangerine's "Capture" Embroidery Stencil Kit. As someone that hand sews all of her handmade daybooks, I was aching to give it a try. This title card was totally calling out for some hand-stitched love. The kit came complete with stencils, a mat & poker, and needles & thread. I also used some pink embroidery floss I already had in my stash from making daybooks. The whole process was pretty easy and the end result is simply beautiful. Along with it looking super cute, the actual act of hand stitching was incredibly therapeutic. I absolutely love this kit and can't wait to play around with the different designs on future projects! It's definitely a great addition for my scrappy collection.

Are you looking for more Project Life inspiration or interested in finding the free printables I used for this spread? Check out my "Smash* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. There are literally hundreds of links to free printables, along with lots of ideas, inspiration,  tips, How-To's, and DIY's  for everything SMASH* and Project Life related. Want to take a peek into my Project Life album? You can find it here.

Are you a documenting 2013 with Project Life? Have you fallen behind and playing catch up too? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover