Saturday, June 22, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 22 - 23


Happy Summer!

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and enjoying this gorgeous weather! As for me, I'm spending this lovely weekend catching up with Project Life. I fell behind by a couple of weeks when when we were vacationing in our hometown of Portland, OR. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time for scrapbooking. But it wasn't hard for me to get back on track. And I'm happy to finally share my most recent layout in my 2013 Project Life album....

Weeks 22 & 23: Double Week Spread

Having very little to document for Week 22 and being behind in Project Life, actually worked to my advantage. I was able to easily knock out 2 weeks by doing a single page layout for both Weeks 22 & 23! It worked out great. I used a fun mix of colorful cards and embellishments for this spread, and had tons of fun putting it all together. From the Cameo cuts with hand-drawn frames on the title cards, to the eclectic variety of captured moments. These pages puts a smile on my face every time I look at them.

WEEK 22
Life Documented
May 26 - June 1

Week 22: Left Page

This page is the reverse side of the We R Memory Keepers photo page from Week 21. It has a large 12x6 slot that I divided into separate sections to hold two 6x6 WRMK journal cards. I cut a fancy tag on my Cameo and used it as a mat for the title card. That tag looked very blah... so I doodled a frame around the edge. I added some cute cutouts, journaling, another Cameo cut with more hand-drawn detail, and some thickers & stickers to finish off the 6x6 cards.

Week 22: Left Page - Close Up

For the remaining vertical 4x6 cards, I decided to mix it up. The center card is a WRMK journal card. Two of the cards I handmade using Amy Tangerine's 6x6 "Sketchbook" paper pad. A simple cut along one edge provided the perfect backdrop for my photos and snippets.  More alphabet stickers, journaling, a Dymo label, tag, and sticker complete this page.

WEEK 23
Life Documented
June 2 - June 8

Week 23: Right Page

Here I'm using a Becky Higgins Design A photo page. I chose this one because I had a lot more to document compared to Week 22. I decided to mix up the cards on this side too. The 6x4 cards on top are both handmade. On the left, is a 2x4 WRMK journal card paired with a 4x4 photo. For the title card I used a 6x6 sheet from Pebbles "Hip Hip Hooray" collection cut to size. Just like the previous week, I used a tag cut with my Cameo as a mat. And again I doodled a frame around it for that extra little detail. I also got to use a 6x4 card from Becky Higgins "Mayfield" edition, as well as a 6x4 journal card by WRMK, which holds two instagram pics perfectly.

Week 23: Right Page - Close Up

The row of 3x4 cards are all free printables. I chose two watercolor cards to hold my smaller photos, and a cute filler and calendar card for the remaining slots. Some journaling, alphabet stickers and thickers, Dymo labels, cutouts, and a variety of stamps finish off this spread.

I absolutely love how these pages turned out! Best part, I got caught up real quick by doing only single page layouts for each week. I'm definitely going to keep this in mind when I fall behind again and have little to document.

Want to take a peek at my 2013 Project Life album? You can find it here. Like the free printables I used? You can find them on my "Smash* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Not only are there printables, but you'll find hundreds of links to DIY's, How-To's, tips, ideas, and inspiration for everything SMASH* and Project Life. Check it out!

Are you a documenting 2013 with Project Life? What do you like about it? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please drop me line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. super cute title card on Week 22!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :) That one was really fun to make! I love the way it turned out <3

      Delete
  2. Awesome job catching up Crystal! Love how you've used multiple pocket sizes. I will be doing quite a bit of that myself once we are moved and settled.

    I can hardly believe that we will be on the road and on our way out-of-state this coming weekend. We are hoping to snap some scenic photos along the way.

    Thanks for sharing your Project Life pages with me and I wish you and your family a fantastic week of memory making! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda :) Thank you! I love using different pocket pages. The variety of the pockets allows me to use a fun mix of cards and photos :D I just love how my album is coming along! You are going to have so much fun with it once you're all settled in!

      I totally understand the craziness you're going through right now. We made an out-of-state move about 5 years ago! Oregon to Washington. Although I wasn't a Project Lifer at that time, I think our move would've been great to document. Apart from the pain of packing and moving, it's such an important event, worth remembering. I hope you feel inspired to add your move to your album :) Those scenic photos will be an amazing addition.

      Thank you so much for stopping by and showing love <3 Your comments always makes me smile :) Much Aloha to you and your ohana!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover