Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Project Life: Week 33


Happy Tuesday! I hope you enjoyed the long holiday weekend :) I spent most of my time relaxing and catching up on lots of different projects, including the spread I'm going to share with you today from my Project Life album...

WEEK 33
Life Documented
August 11 - August 17

Week 33: Full Spread

We didn't do anything special this week, but it didn't stop me for capturing everyday life moments. Shopping hauls, tropical smoothies, a sweet surprise for our daughter, even family dinners, happy mail, and some smartphone snippets. Those photographs and tidbits of life were my inspiration for the color and theme this week. It's all about black and white with pops of color. I didn't embellish the pages too much, but instead went for cool printables, handmade cards, and simple details to showcase our week.

Week 33: Left Page

Continued from the end of Week 32 is the pocket page that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. Here I'm using a Becky Higgins title card from her Mayfield Mini Kit. I embellished it with Amy Tangerine thickers, some washi tape, and a printable tag that I journaled the current week on. 

Week 33: Left Page | Close Up

For the remaining 4"x 6" pockets I used a mix of photos and cards. Here I added a wallet-size photo to a journal card that I received in a RAK. These smaller 4"x 3" pockets have double-sided patterned filler cards. The first one is the backside of a MAMBI card, which I added another wallet-sized instagram photo and a black tag cut on my Cameo. I used a white gel pen to add a stitching detail and my journaling. The black and white polka dot card was made from my scraps. It has another small instapic and some tiny alphabet stickers.

Week 33: Left Page | Another Close Up

Here I used more Amy T. supplies with a 4"x 4" instapic for my 4"x 6" "Minion" card. The reverse side of another double-sided card from last week holds a wallet-sized instagram photo and some journaling. The remaining cards are fun free printables from my stash that tie my black and white theme together quite well.

Week 33: Right Page

This is a Becky Higgins Design A pocket page that I've filled with a fun mix of photographs and cards. Some are handmade, others are printables, and a couple are by MAMBI or WRMK. I chose this page specifically for the 3"x 4" pockets to hold some special cards. Again, I used very little embellishments. Simplicity was key for this spread.

Week 33: Right Page | Close Up

The two 6"x 4" slots hold a cool printable, along with a handmade card using paper from Amy Tangerine's Ready Set Go line. I added two wallet-size instagram pics, a banner that I received in a RAK, and some black Studio G alphas. I also used an Ali Edwards arrow stamp and journaled directly onto the card.

For the row of 3"x 4" pockets I used a mix of different cards and images. The first one is a colorful MAMBI card with a small instapic and the other half of the black tag that I cut with my Cameo. I used a heart corner punch, a white gel pen for the dotted border and journaling, and a few American Crafts alphabet stickers to create the tab. I used another printable from my stash and some snippets from my Galaxy S3 to fill the remaining pockets. A couple of print and cut labels finish off those cards.

Week 33: A Quote Card

I needed to fill the last pocket and decided to use my love of quotes for inspiration. So I scoured through my stash of printables for the perfect journal card and came across this black and white one that even had the perfect prompt. I chose cursive for the handwriting, and added some thin paper tape in a yellow dotted design, for a pop of color and to fill the blank space.

I really love how this spread turned out! Simple and fun with cool little details. I hope you enjoyed this week's Project Life post! I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration. Would you like to take a peek at my 2013 Project Life album? You can find it here. Looking for the free printables I used in this week's spread? You can find them on my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Be sure to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can now stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by liking my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? How are you keeping up? Any comments, thoughts, or questions about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful spread - love the black and white accents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat! This was a fun spread to create :) My very first B&W layout this year... I think I'll be doing another one again before the year's over because I love the way it all came together <3

      Thanks again for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover