Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Project Life: Week 36


Happy Tuesday! Although I've had a family getting over a cold these last few days, I have managed to accomplish quite a lot! Plenty of get better time at home has allowed me to take care of my family, and also gave me some extra me-time to play around in all of my books. And as of today, I'm officially caught up in my 2013 Project Life album! I really love flipping through this book and seeing all of our memories from the first of the year until now. It's amazing!

Last week I shared a double-feature of Project Life, and I'll be doing that again with my next post. So check back later today to see Week 37 of my album. And I have to say that it feels so awesome to be current and up-to-date!

WEEK 36
Life Documented
September 1 - September 7

Week 36: Full Spread

This was officially the last week of Summer for us here in The Pacific NW. The weather hasn't really been nice since. It was fun while it lasted, and our family really enjoyed those last few days of sunshine. From bicycling and ferry rides, to selfies, shopping, and Strawberry Shortcake. We loved every last minute of the season!

Using all of the fabulous instagram pics for inspiration, I went with a fun and girly pink theme. Lots of pretty patterned paper and lovely journal and filler cards.  I even played with some extra embellishments this week, but still kept it pretty simple to let the photos speak for themselves.

Week 36: Left Page

Here I'm using the Hobby Lobby pocket page continued from Week 35. It's filled with handmade cards, an inspiring quote printable, and journal and filler cards by MAMBI and WRMK. For the title card, I used a colorful herringbone print from Crate Paper as the background. Since I had an extra selfie photo this week [feeling extra photogenic!], I decided to add it to this card. I also used a speech bubble printable by uprintables, a Cosmo Cricket doily sticker, and some fun thickers to finish it off.

Week 36: Left Page | Close Up

For this 4x6 card, I used the reverse side of the Crate Paper paper from my title card. The woodgrain reminds me of the outdoors and is perfect for holding photos of my daughter with her bike. I added a cutout banner, some My Mind's Eye enamel dots, and some Cosmo Cricket tiny alpha stickers.

The double-sided 4x3 MAMBI card from last week has a sweet wallet-size instagram of Kiani. I used a strip of "Pink Ruler" washi [from Paper Addict], and an American Crafts Slick Writer pen to add the date on the Cosmo Cricket tab. The "LOVE" filler card is also by MAMBI.

Week 36: Left Page | Another Close Up

I mixed it up a bit with the cards I chose for this section of the layout. The 4x6 quote by Maya Angelou is one of my printable Freebies from my Happy Cards set. It helps to add the pop of color I needed for this area, and the quote itself really works well with my theme this week, especially with my selfie photos ;-) The 4x6 "Weekly Plan" card is by We R Memory Keepers. I thought it would be great to do a "Week in Review" type card to document, in words, how our last week of Summer went. I managed to fill up all of the days but one, so I used a strip from one of my favorite rolls of washi to fill the empty space. It fit perfectly!

I used another MAMBI card for Kiani's Strawberry Shortcake instapic, and added a print-and-cut label for some journaling. The orange "happy" card is from a set of inspiration cards by Melodie Ross. It was smaller than the pocket, so I centered it on last week's card, and added some new chevron washi tape [$.97 from Walmart] on the top and bottom. Doesn't it look awesome!

Week 36: Right Page

I had so many more photos this week, so I chose a Becky Higgins Design A pocket page for the rest. Again I played around with different collections and designers. I used a fun mix of free printables, patterned paper, journal cards and fillers, and simple embellishments.

Week 36: Right Page | Close Up

I scoured my stash for a fun 4x6 card that complements my daughter's bicycle photos, and found this free printable. I love that it's a two-seater! There was a large blank area on top of the card that was really missing something. So I added a strip of "Colorful Birds on a Wire" [from The Beary Scrap], an old favorite washi design, to kick it up a bit. Now it couldn't look more perfect! For the handmade 4x6 card, I used a sheet of 6x6 paper from Ki Memories cut down to size. I added a 4x4 instagram photo and a printable journal tag for "The Details."

Week 36: Right Page | Close Up

Mixed it up a bit with the row of 3x4 pockets. I used another MAMBI card for the pic of my goodie haul from this week. I added some Heidi Swapp epoxy alphabet stickers and pink bling to finish off that card. Next is an IG screenshot taken on my Galaxy S3, showing the milestone of reaching 500 followers. How did that happen? I'm so happy you all like me! A free printable acts as the backdrop for another instagram photo; this one really captures the end of a gorgeous season here in the Pacific NW. I used a Cosmo Cricket label and tiny alphabet stickers to complete it. The "I Heart Summer" card is another free printable from my stash.

I used a fabulous sheet of girly pink paper from DCWV to hold my 4x4 instagram selfie. I had to add one of my favorite embellishments to this card... a handmade instagram camera! I picked those babies up over a year ago from my girl Cathy V. of Paper Addict. Her talents still amaze me! I also used a cutout arrow with some Studio Calico wood veneers. The last 6x4 card is a journal card by WRMK that I covered with another 4x4 instapic. I added a Dymo label and Basic Grey alphabet stickers to finish off this card.

I hope you enjoyed my Project Life post! Stay tuned, because later tonight I will be posting last week's layout. I'll also be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration! Wanna take a peek at my 2013 album? You can find it here. If you're looking for the free printables I used in this week's spread, you can find them on my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Along with freebies, you'll find hundreds of links to DIYs, How-To's, ideas, tips, and inspiration for everything Project Life! Be sure to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can also stay updated with my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? Do you have a system to keep you from falling behind? I would love to hear about it! Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover