Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Project Life: Week 42


Hello! It's Project Life Tuesday, which means I'll be sharing last week's completed layout. And I have to say that it feels amazing to be current and up-to-date in this year's album! The day or two that I designate each week to PL is incredibly therapeutic. I'm just doing what I love to do...and I don't have rush.

How do I stay so on top of Project Life, you ask? I take lots of photos! And not necessarily every single day... although I am known to be in 1-2 photo-a-day challenges each month :) Also, I don't just photograph special occasions... I capture everyday life moments, too! Those snapshots always turn out to be the best ones. The most important thing I do is keep a journal or notebook.... and document everything! What you did that day, what the weather was like, what you watched on TV, family time, life. You wouldn't believe what they make journal cards about. There's one for everything! This week you'll see lots of ways I fill the empty pockets in my album...

Doing those things, and allowing myself enough time to plan-out and work on my pages each week, makes for a very easy process. Even if I do happen to fall behind, and it's been known to happen, catching up isn't a problem. You just need to give yourself enough time and have the motivation to do it!

WEEK 42
Life Documented
October 13 - October 19

Week 42: Full Spread

I'm incredibly happy that the last few weeks has allowed me to do double-page spreads! I love having the extra space to create :) It was a very busy week but I had tons of fun using different types of journal and filler cards to document all of the details. From The Walking Dead and Filofax love, to Happy Mail and family outings!

Week 42: Left Page

I'm using a Becky Higgins Design A pocket page continued from Week 41. I filled it smartphone snippets, fun free printables, even handmade cards.... with my Title Card being the first. I love the solid-side of this double-sided patterned paper by Ki Memories. Pretty pink. I thought it would be fabulous to do a black-and-white theme on it, since I have touches of both color throughout my layout. I added a white doily to the center of the card, a cute house I cut with my Silhouette Cameo on top of it, and some gorgeous Amy Tangerine thickers for the title. I found a small manila mailing tag and sprayed it with my homemade alcohol ink. I layered it with some chevron washi tape, a piece of printable flair, and pink number thickers. I doodled a dotted frame around the card and "stitching" to the house.

Week 42: The Walking Dead Card

Next is my handmade Walking Dead card using some pretty patterned Ki Memories paper. The color red is very fitting for this show, and also says "Season Premiere" wonderfully. It holds two wallet-size instagram photos from our awesome night of viewing. I added blue paper tape for contrast, and layered it with filmstrip washi, and black alphabet stickers.

Week 42: 3x4 Pockets

For the first card in this set of 3x4 pockets, I used a screenshot taken on my Galaxy S3 using the Fling Weather app on Android. Hello Sunshine! It's a simple way to fill those pockets, and also adds that special personalized touch that I love having in my books. Next, I used the perfect card for a selfie. You can download it from this post.

Week 42: 3x4 Pockets

This next set of 3x4 pockets holds a printable calendar card from my collection. You can find it in this post. I used an Ali Edwards stamp to highlight the current week. Following is a "FUN" and simple handmade card using paper from my scraps. It holds an adorable instagram photo which I edited using the sleek new [paid] app Photofy on Android.

Week 42: "Filofax Addict" Card

This 6x4 card uses the backside of last week's MAMBI card as the background. The grid design made placing the various elements very easy. I used 2 wallet-size instapics taken from this month's Filofax Photo-a-day challenge [#fflovephotoaday], some fun washi tape, and a couple of Dymo labels.

Week 42: WRMK Journal Card as Week in Review Card

Since I decided not to journal on any of my cards this time around, I went with a "Week in Review" card instead. This black and gray We R Memory Keepers card couldn't be more perfect. With a doodle design and lines for easy journaling that makes it even better! I used some American Crafts alphabet stickers for the title, and a white gel pen for the details.

Week 42: Right Page

I continued the same layout on this pocket page. But instead of Design A, this one's by The Paper Studio, from Hobby Lobby, that I picked up for 50% off this weekend! I filled it with lots of fun filler cards :)

Week 42: Close Up of 6x4 Pockets


The first pocket holds a new WRMK quote card. The next one is my Happy Mail card with lovely paper from Dear Lizzy's Lucky Charm collection. I added instagram photos of the RAKs and packages I received this week, and finished off the card with a handwritten banner.

Week 42: 3x4 Pockets

For the first set of 3x4 pockets on this page, I used another screenshot taken on my GS3. This time I captured my Instagram profile showing my followers. I reached 700 this week! [As promised to my loyal followers, I decided to run my very first giveaway! It launched yesterday over on IG,  but you can find complete details here on my blog.] My next card was made using a B&W polka dot MAMBI card and another wallet-size insta pic edited with Photofy. I added a printable ticket from my stash, and a Cosmo Cricket sticker.

Week 42: 3x4 Pockets

The last of the 3x4 pockets holds a printable quote card from my collection, and another handmade MAMBI card. This red one is a nice pop of a color against the B&W instagram photo. I layered neon paper tape with chevron washi, and added a small Dymo label.

Week 42: Handmade Card

I created this handmade card using 6x6 Ki Memories paper cut down to size. It holds a 4x4 selfie from instagram. I used more neon paper tape to create an arrow banner, doodled a stitching detail, and hand wrote some faux calligraphy. Some Amy Tangerine foam thickers, and a camera cutout finish it off.

Week 42: Out & About Card

The last handmade card started out as a free printable from my collection. I really like the banner and the colors work wonderfully with the rest of the layout. Who says you have to journal on journal cards? I love to add photos to mine! But I did write more faux calligraphy on it....

That's all I have for you today! I hope you enjoyed my Project Life post :) If you would like to see more pages from my 2013 album, you can find it here. I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration! Looking for the free printables I used in this week's spread? Check out my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest! Be sure to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? How do you like it? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover