Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 December Daily: Week 1


Happy Tuesday! About this time every week, I usually post my completed Project Life spreads. Being December, and since I've opted out of doing both December Daily and Project Life this month, I'll instead be sharing the completed weeks in my 2013 DD album!

If you would like to see the details of the album I'm using this year, and I how I put my cover together, check out this post. I even have my completed 2012 DD album here on my blog! To continue my love for Project Life into the month of December, I'll be documenting it daily with a Project Life style pocket system. It's the perfect fit for me!

Here is an introduction to my 2013 December Daily...

2013 DD: The Cover

I'm not a traditional red and green girl when it comes to Christmas. Looking at the cover of my 2013 album clearly shows that! Instead, I incorporated a couple of my favorite things... the color pink and lots of glitter!

2013 DD: The Title Page

For the title page of my album, I used a full-page pocket. I was extremely happy to find a lovely Recollections paper stack [from Michaels] that had my Christmas colors! I cut an 8.5" x 11" sheet down to size, and trimmed the bottom with a complementing piece of scrap paper and narrow black washi tape. I also used glittery red "Jingle" thickers, large puffy "Umbrella" thickers, and some Cosmo Cricket "Dear Mr. Claus" cardstock stickers.

2013 DD: December Calendar

I needed to fill the backside of my title page, so I thought it would be fun to include a December calendar. I didn't have one in last year's album, and I think it's a great addition! Since my calendar is much smaller than my full-page pocket, I cut a sheet of holiday paper [gifted to me by a friend] to size, to act as a mat. I stamped Day 25 with an Ali Edwards heart in red ink.

------------

For this year's daily journaling cards I mixed it up a bit. Some day's I use a 6" x 4" Pebbles inc. journal card, on other day's I have a 3" x 4" card from my stash of free printables. Every day is a different card. But they all show my passion for penmanship and handwriting. For a cohesive look, I named and labeled each one with the same faux calligraphy technique.

This colorful and eclectic album definitely represents our family during the holidays. Filled with precious photos and memories capturing all this wonderful season has to offer, makes it absolutely perfect!

Now onto Days 1 - 6....

DAY 1
"Traditions"
2013 DD: Day 1 | Add-On - Tags & a Pocket for Ephemera

I created a fun add-on page using two Kraft mailing tags that I attached together with washi tape. I reinforced the holes with stickers, and tied them off with some black and white twine. On the front, I made a pocket from holiday scrapbook paper to hold all of the bits and pieces of ephemera collected from Day 1. The back of the add-on holds a 4x4 instagram photo of our stack of books from 25-Books-in-December.

2013 DD: Day 1 - Traditions

I love to take pictures... especially during this time of the year! Doing a PL style album has allowed me to use multiple photos in my daily layouts. To hold my wallet-size instapics, I created a couple of handmade cards using pretty patterned scrapbook paper. I embellished them with some printable elements from my DD collection, and pink Tiny Text alphabet stickers by Cosmo Cricket. I used a red Pebbles inc. journal card to document the details.

DAY 2
"Deck The Halls"
2013 DD: Day 2 - Deck The Halls [Left Page]

I have more handmade cards using paper from my scraps. One holds an instagram photo edited with Photo Grid, and another a printable filler card. I also added my daily number element and a Dymo label to fill some space. To document the day, I used a pink Pebbles inc. journal card.

2013 DD: Day 2 - Deck The Halls [Right Page]

For this stacked 6" x 4" pocket page, I cut another full sheet of gorgeous Recollections paper down to size, and sliced it in half horizontally. Together they make the perfect background for my 4" x 4" instagram pics. I added glittery silver "Sunrise" thickers, black & silver Studio 112 alphabet stickers, and red "Hardcover" thickers along the vertical edge.

DAY 3
"The Tree"
2013 DD: Day 3 - The Tree [Left Page]

I created a handmade card on top using Recollections paper cut down to size. It holds a 4" x 4" instagram pic of our owl tree topper. I embellished the card with glittery white "Delight" thickers, and Cosmo Cricket cardstock stickers of a heart and [half] a doily. For my journaling, I used a red journal card by Pebbles inc.

2013 DD: Day 3 - The Tree [Right Page]

For this page, I have a mix of papers and photos to fill the pockets. The 3" x 4" slots have a handmade card using pretty holiday paper and some printable elements to decorate it. I also added a wallet-size instagram photo. Next is a filler card from my DD stash. In the 6" x 4" pocket, I have a card using more Recollections paper to hold a 4" x 4" instagram pic of our Christmas tree. I embellished it with red "Jingle" thickers, strips of red narrow [Recollections] washi and B&W Cosmo Cricket trim, plus the other half of the doily sticker to tie the pages together.

DAY 4
"Our Card"
2013 DD: Day 4 - Our Card

Both 3" x 4" pockets have a printable journal and filler card from my collection. I made the 6" x 4" card using another design from my Recollections paper stack. I added a 4" x 4" instagram photo of our holiday card, a Cosmo Cricket cardstock tag sticker, and a daily number element. I used "Snowflake" bling to finish it!

DAY 5
"Christmas Music"
2013 DD: Day 5 - Christmas Music

For this 3" x 4" pocket page I have a fun mix of different cards. I used Christmas sheet music paper as the background for a wallet-size instagram photo and the daily number. Following that card are some journal and filler cards from my stash of DD printables. I embellished the reindeer card with a red enamel dot by MME, and layered the Fa La La filler card with a red printable label and AC Remarks alphabet stickers.

DAY 6
"Friday Fun"
2013 DD: Day 6 - Friday Fun

I mixed up the 3" x 4" cards in the pockets of this page too. Another handmade card holds a wallet-size instapic capturing our new book from 25-Books-in-December. I embellished it with a daily number, glittery red "Jingle" thickers, and Studio 112 alphabet stickers. Following is a HoHoHo! filler card, a cutout journal card, and a frame card from my stash of free printables. Another wallet-size instagram photo and a Dymo label complete this page.

That's all I have for you today! Be sure to check back next Tuesday to see this week's completed pages :) I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative today, so be sure to stop by for more inspiration! If you haven't already, feel free to browse my December Daily posts! Want the fun, free printables I used in this week's spread? You can find some of them in my Printables: December blogpost, or on my "December Daily" pinboard on Pinterest. And see how I'm staying organized with December Daily using my 2013 Holiday Planner!

Stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by liking my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting December with a Daily album? Any thoughts, questions,  or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. oh I love your DD album! I too really like adding pink to my Christmas decor and projects! It's such a happy color!! <3 <3 PS: I am also so in love with your Filofax goodies. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover