Thursday, December 5, 2013

Printables: December


Happy Holidays! It's about that time again.... for my monthly printables post! Last month was just a bit crazy and I didn't get the chance to write my November post, so I decided to combine it with December. In case you missed October's batch, you can find it here.

I first discovered free printables a year and a half ago when I was looking for fun stuff to add to my SMASH* book spreads. Over time I've incorporated them into all of my books because they are incredibly versatile! You will also see them in my Project Life album, handmade Daybooks, and even my Filofax planners.

Early 2013, I decided to share the knowledge I've learned from my printables adventures. So if you've never tried at-home printing or it's something you're curious about, I strongly urge you to read this post. You'll find lots of helpful hints and tips to get you started, including ways to save time and money doing it...

Every month I scour the internet for new free printables to add to my collection. November I was in search of Autumn and Thanksgiving themed journal and filler cards. This month I was looking for Christmas themed items for my December Daily album. Since I only do my printing once a month to save money, I also try to look for things that can be used in all of my books!

Now onto the good stuff....

THANKFUL

Top Left ----> Thanksgiving Cards & Elements from Simple as That
Top Right ----> Blessings Cards & Elements by Kristine Davidson
Bottom Left ----> Fall Colors & Autumn Journal Cards from Wee Share
Bottom Right ----> Thanksgiving Library Cards from Little Birdie Secrets

My printer was running low on colored ink when I printed out this batch of Autumn cards, so the colors on them are more pink than orange and brown as they should be. [I actually don't mind it one bit because pink is my favorite my color!] The elements from Simple as That got printed on Kraft cardstock for a totally different look. There are also a lot more Fall files from Wee Share that I didn't download and print. So be sure to browse the blog for more fun stuff!

HELLO DECEMBER

2013 December Daily Calendar from Stitch in Time
Christmas Subway Art by Eighteen25

Both the 6" x 8" Dec. calendar and subway art print are going into my December Daily album. They'll fit right into the full page pockets. The subway art print comes in a variety of colors, so choose one that will fit with your theme. You can also print it full size and add it to a frame for wall decor!

MERRY CARDS

Holiday Recipe Card from Reasons To Skip The Housework
Merry & Bright Cards by 36th Avenue

The reason I printed these is because I'm adding a recipe card to my December Daily album. Of course, you can also use it for Christmas recipes and stick it right into your recipe box. The Merry & Bright cards come in a set of 4, as well as an 8" x 10" print that you can frame. I'm using these cards as holiday decoration in my Filofax, and I also cut one down to 3" x 4" size for a filler card in my December Daily. You can even use them with your other holiday supplies to make pretty handmade Christmas cards!

JOURNAL CARDS

Top Left ----> Christmas Twist by Miss Tiina
Top Right ----> A Very Vintage Christmas from DDE
Bottom Left ----> Merry & Bright by Traci Bautista
Bottom Center ----> To-Go Cup from Scrapbook Printables
Bottom Right ----> It's ChristmasThe North Pole by Suzy Q Scraps

I'm always on the lookout for fun journal cards to add to my collection, and these are perfect to use in this year's December Daily album! My favorite from this batch are the Christmas Twist cards by Miss Tiina. She's one of my favorite designers of free printables! Be sure to browse Scrapbook Printables blog too, because this month there are lots more goodies to print and download! I think this year the To-Go Cup cards have a new design...

FILLER CARDS

Holiday Cards by Becky Higgins
The Newborn King by My Fabuless Life
December Calendar Card by My Renvironment
Merry Everything by Secrets of a Modern Mama
Scrooge Quote from A Pop of Pretty
Grinch Quote via Pinterest
YUM by Trisha Grace

I love typography and like to use them as filler cards! They're perfect for filling up those extra pockets in Project Life or December Daily. A few of these, like the cards by Becky Higgins, the Dec. calendar card, and the YUM card were made for Project Life, and sized 3" x 4". The others were originally larger art prints that I resized to fit in the pockets of my December Daily album. 

With the Becky Higgins cards, I'm only showing the ones I printed to use in my album, but there are more designs that come in the set. The December calendar card comes in 4 colors, so choose one that works with your theme. And the Merry Everything card also has more designs, pick your favorite!

ELEMENTS

FA LA LA LA Set by My Digital Art Studio [on Facebook]
Merry Christmas Set by Heidi Swapp
Red Labels by iHanna

Every month when I search for free printables I try to include a batch of cool elements. Since I print once a month, I need my stuff to go the extra mile. These are definitely the most versatile pieces! I love using elements like this in my Filofax, and as embellishments on the cards and pages of my Project Life album and SMASH* books. I was extremely happy to find a set of numbers to use in my December Daily album, but my favorite are the fun tags by Heidi Swapp! Aren't they lovely?


[See how I use this fun stuff in my December Daily albums.]

I hope you enjoyed this month's printables post and found some new goodies along the way :) Be sure to check back next month for January's finds! If you're looking for more free printables, browse my "SMASH* & PL" and "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. I also have lots more awesome stuff for December that I've printed since planning this post, so check out my "December Daily" pinboard to find them! There are even more free planner printables on my "Filofax Addict" pinboard! Have fun "pinning" away!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Do you like printables? How do you use them? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover