Saturday, July 5, 2014

2014: Life | June Favorites


Hello, Lovelies! Are you enjoying this beautiful Summer sunshine? I'm absolutely loving it! And I thought today would be a great time to share a few of my favorite things from June. I think this will be the start of a fun monthly series where I get to talk about my beauty, makeup, fashion and entertainment loves!


The weather started warming up a bit here so I went with simple and natural makeup. But I really wanted to play around with color too! Lips and nails are the best canvases. I ROCKED hot pink! It's the perfect pop of color for me.

And I'm not only loving beauty products... colorful cotton tank tops are a staple in my wardrobe. On those sunny sleeveless days, I like to wear bold and fun accessories too! What do you think of my watch?

It's been a pretty laid-back summer. Fun exploring the great outdoors. Chillaxin' in the comfort of our home. And during those nights in, we love to watch movies together on the flat screen. Redbox is our DVD rental provider of choice, but Netflix is our best friend! We've enjoyed this service for so many years. It can be watched on all of our devices... even in the living room on Xbox Live! There are so many different things to see. I love having long weekend marathons when I discover a new TV show! Want to know my favorite one this month?

THE DETAILS


BEAUTY

  • Super Beblesh Balm (BB Cream) for Combination/Oily Skin by SKIN79 [$14.95 from Amazon] | This Korean BB cream is so different compared to Western brands. I love it! Product review coming soon.
  • Sweet Almond Oil 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil by Now Foods [$4.99 from Central Market] | A holy grail product! Once a week I let my hair sit in this stuff overnight.
  • The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara in Blackest Black by Maybelline [$4- on Sale at Target] | With just 2 coats it separates, lengthens, and gives your lashes volume, all without clumping!
  • Brow Wiz in Brunette by Anastasia Beverly Hills [$21- from sephora.com] | This pencil allows me to lightly and easily shape and fill my sparse brows for a complete but natural look.
  • Blender Brush - EB 13 by Sedona Lace [Value: $9.95 - Sample from BeautyBox5] It's perfect. Very high quality! So awesome for BB5 to include it for June! That unboxing will be up here soon...
  • NAKED Basics Palette by Urban Decay [$28- at sephora.com] | Incredibly versatile. Create simple and natural everyday looks to dramatic and sultry smoky eyes.
  • Kalinka Beauty Blush in East Side Story by Essence [$2.99 at Fred Meyer] | This lovely coral shade brings life to my face.
  • HD Studio Finishing Powder by NYX [Retail Value: $9.99 - A Gift] | I use it alone on no-makeup days, as well as on my T-zone after applying BB cream. My glasses make my nose super oily so this really helps combat shine!
  • Complexion Brush from Studio Line by e.l.f. [$2.50 from TJ Maxx] | I love it for any face powders!
  • Colorsensational Vivids Lipstick in Fuschia Flash by Maybelline [$4.99 from Walmart] | I adore this color! It's my kind of pink. I saw somewhere that it's a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum.
  • 5-in-1 Lip Protectant Cube in Pomegranate-Blueberry by Softlips [Value: $3.49 - Freebie from Influenster] | I've officially replaced my eos lip balm. This one is awesome!
  • Nail Polish in Daredevil by Sinful Colors [$1.99 from Walmart] | A bright and vivid hot pink that's perfect for summer. It's a fabulous shade on toes!


FASHION

  • Ribbed Cotton Tank Tops by Mossimo & No Boundaries [<$5-/each at Target & Walmart] | My drawers are stocked with fun and colorful solids and prints. They are so affordable and work great with any summer outfit. I live in them!
  • Leather Cuff Band Watch in Punk Rock Floral Design by Nemesis [$34.95 from Amazon] | The hubby knows my style so well. This gorgeous piece of arm candy was a birthday gift!

MOVIES

Released on DVD June 2014

If you read the bible or grew up with bible stories, you're really going to enjoy it! This adaptation is amazing... it brought tears to my eyes. We had the pleasure of seeing this when it originally aired as a series called The Bible on The History Channel late last year. We then found it on Netflix a few months ago. It had a run on the big screen for a short time as Son of God and then released on DVD for everyone this month.

TV

My regular shows are on break until next season, but Netflix has been such a good friend. I discovered a new show called The Killing, and finished all 3 seasons throughout the month of June! TV shows featuring the Pacific NW are my favorite, and this one takes place in Seattle [just a 45 minute ferry ride from me]. 

I really love dark, gritty, crime dramas, and intense cop shows filled with dynamic relationships and flawed characters. Unfortunately, this show was cancelled by the original network [AMC] in 2013, but Netflix picked up the final season which airs August 1, 2014. Finally... I can't wait to see how it all ends. The Season 3 finale was a real cliffhanger!

MUSIC

Throughout the warmer spring and summer months [or anytime, really] all you'll find me listening to is Feel Good Island Music. We call it "JaWaiian", or Hawaiian Reggae. The mellow beats and soulful lyrics relaxes my mind and body, and reminds me to take it easy and just enjoy life. Want to hear a sampling of my playlist? You can find it here. [Just click the Play Audio button on the bottom left of the screen.]

Wow! That was A LOT of stuff! I really hope you enjoyed today's post and discovered something new along the way. And feel free to browse my other Beauty posts! 

You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

What did you think of my June Favorites? Are you familiar with anything I mentioned today? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover