I know.... it's been a while. Sorry about that.
This is a new year. A time for change. Change is good. And today, I've decided to step outside of my typical niche here in blogger world. I'll be delving into another one of my passions... beauty and skincare. I haven't talked about it much since I started blogging back in February of last year. But it has always been something I wanted to share with people. I only write about what I know and love... and this stuff makes me smile.
I'm rekindling my love for makeup. For the last decade I've just been an all-natural, no makeup kind of girl. I used eyeliner, mascara, lippies [I love lip products!], and skincare stuff. I'm in no way a Beauty Guru. Far from it! I look to others for inspiration and love trying new things. I watch beauty videos on youtube like a junkie! I've been experimenting with foundation, playing with false lashes, trying out fun colors on my lips, eyes, and nails. And I've hauled some amazing budget friendly makeup and beauty goodies. You know how frugal I am ;)
I thought it would be fun to share this adventure in my life. I'm still up to my old ways with scrapbooking, Filofaxing, and crafting.... just not as intensely! This year, I've been focusing more on myself, my husband, and my family. Hence the hiatus.... But now I'm back. With plenty of new things to talk about too! So stay tuned...
Since it's Spring, I thought now is the perfect time to share my Beauty Must-Haves for the season. When the weather warms up here in the Pacific NW, I like to go for a minimalist [but pretty and fun] look when it comes to my beauty, makeup, and skincare routine. It's all about moisturized skin and lips, sunscreen, bright pops of color on the eyes, lips or nails, long flowy hair, and super fun accessories.
Here is what's in my Everyday Spring Bag:
- Jergens BB Body Lotion in Light Skin Types [I have Olive skin.] -- I bought the travel size at Target's Dollar Spot to test it out. It's pretty moisturizing, smells good, and is the perfect size to pop in my purse.
- Biore Pore Minimizing Lightweight Moisturizer with SPF 15 -- I received a small sample in a Target freebie makeup bag. It's perfect for everyday, especially when I'm out and about and going makeup-free and natural.
- Jordana Fabuliner in Black -- Easy to apply thick or thin lines and super black pigmentation. It stays on!
- Jordana 12HR Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Aqua Stone -- For days when I want to play up my eyes with a pop of color. Can be used on the upper and lower lash line! This is a brand new product that I haven't tried yet! Waiting for a sunny day...
- Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara in Very Black? [The darkest available.] -- This product curls my short, straight lashes and makes them full, long, and separated without an eyelash curler.
- Dr. Rescue Baby Lips (Medicated) in Pink -- It's perfect for the unpredictable weather we have here in the springtime, and it provides subtle color for those days that I don't feel like wearing lipstick. It can also be used under lipstick!
- EOS Lip Balm in Pink Lemonade -- An everyday moisturizing lip balm with natural ingredients. Great under lipstick!
- NYX Lipsmacking Fun Colors in Hot Pink -- I've been playing with color this season and I absolutely adore pink lips! This pink is the bright pop of color that I crave.
- Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Tropical Frenzy -- I sometimes layer this bright pink or wear it all alone. It provides a pretty pop of color with staying power! I use it on the days when I know I'll be too busy to reapply.
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Cherish -- The perfect nude for those days I don't feel like wearing a colorful lip, or if I'm doing a bold eye.
- Essence Kalinka Beauty Blush in East Side Story -- A pretty coral shade that goes great with my nude lip days.
- ELF Essential Blush in Blushing -- For when I'm wearing my pink lips, of course!
- Matrix Sleek.Look Lockdown Spray -- I purchased a kit of this line years ago, and it came with a travel size spray bottle perfect for my handbag. It smooths frizzies and leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny.
- Makeup Bag -- I received this cute little bag from a Target freebie. It holds all of my Spring goodies perfectly.
- Compact/Mirror -- I don't usually carry a compact during the Spring because I go face makeup-free most days... so that leaves me without a mirror! I found a pretty pink double-mirror compact at one of my favorite discount stores on clearance. Score!
- A Hair Tie -- You'll never know if you need to put your hair up.
- Sunglasses -- No matter where you live, you gotta protect your eyes! I found my authentic Dolce & Gabbana shades on Amazon for a steal!
What's in your Spring Beauty Bag?
That's all I have for you today! I hope you enjoyed my first "Beauty" post and decide to follow me on my adventure ;) Please let me know what you think or if you have any questions. Be sure to stick around because I have lots of other new things to share with you!
*I'm a new ipsy Glam Bag subscriber anxiously waiting for my first bag to arrive next month. Super excited! I'll be sharing my first impression here and posting future bag reveals from ipsy. Stay tuned for details. Interested in subscribing to ipsy? Please use my link!
Are you into makeup, beauty, and skincare too? Have a favorite blog to share? Are you a newbie or a guru? I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!